Saturday 5 January 2013

My New Year's Resolutions.

2013. I'm going to make this year my year.

Recently, I've really been slacking when it comes to well, everything. I dunno, I think I kinda just gave up on life a bit last year. Nothing good seemed to be happening to me, and it felt like everything was going down hill. Honestly, it was a little bit hard to get out of bed in the morning, and a lot of mornings I actually didn't get out of bed. I had NO motivation, for anything! I couldn't think of any reasons to do anything, even blogging, making clothes, drawing, none of it. But I've realised that the only way that I'm going to get good things happening in my life is if I MAKE them happen. It's really true that you can do anything you want to, you just have to want it enough and to make it happen for yourself. There is a little cheesy quote that I heard from the film Coach Carter... (awesome film, watch it), (I'm so cheesy).

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. You playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others”.

But it really makes me think that I should strive to do this, that I should liberate myself from fear, and liberate others as I do so.

SO, my new years resolutions are pretty simple.. I think.

1. Blog EVERY day.
           I've been getting worse and worse with this one over the past few months, so I'm going to be doing a blog post EVERY DAY. Even if it's just a little one saying "Aww, look at this pretty skirt"(hopefully they'll be a bit more elaborate than that but yeah). I'm also going to try and get a tutorial up every week aswell!

2. I AM GOING TO GO TO COLLEGE EVERYDAY.
          Well, not EVERY day. I mean every day that I'm actually meant to be in college, but I am going to try and go in and do extra work.

3. And of course, the usual on everybody's new years resolutions list: LOSE SOME OF THIS BABY FAT!
          In case some of you didn't know, I injured my knee quite badly about 2 years ago whilst skiing. I thought it was just a sprain so I left it for a while and it got worse and worse. So about 3 months ago, I had an operation on it to replace a torn ligament and also to attach my meniscus back together, which is like a little shock absorber in the knee. And because of this, I wasn't able to do any exercise, could barely walk for about 2 weeks, and I put on a little weight as a result! But, I've been given the go-ahead to go back to the gym and go swimming and stuff so it's all good!

Thank you for reading! Sorry for getting really deep and also cheesy! aha. Make 2013 your year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Would love to hear your thoughts!